Paul has had specialist training in laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery in Adelaide, Lyon, Hamburg and Leeds. He is a member of the Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland and of the British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society.
He helped set up the first bariatric surgery unit in the East Midlands in 2004. The East Midlands Bariatric and Metabolic Institute (EMBMI) now provides the specialist regional service, performing 200-300 bariatric procedures per year. Paul’s main areas of interest include treatment of obesity, gastro-oesophageal cancers, reflux disease, gallstones and hernia. He was appointed Director of Education for The Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland in 2015. He is also a member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons and the British Society of Gastroenterology. He is proud to have been nominated as Honorary Secretary for the Grey Turner Surgical Society.
All patients under Mr Leeder’s care are looked after by a multidisciplinary team including specialist nurses, dietitians, physicians, psychologists and anaesthetists. All of Mr Leeder's surgical outcome data is submitted to national cancer and bariatric audits for peer review.
Consultant General Surgeon since 2002
Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery; Robotic Surgery; Obesity Surgery (Weight loss surgery); Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery; Gallstones; Gallbladder Surgery; Hernia Surgery; Gastroscopy; Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (Fundoplication).
As well as working for the NHS, Paul Leeder provides a private surgery service through pleeder ltd. Patients who would like a private surgery referral can see Mr Leeder at Nuffield Health Derby, Derby Private Health at The Royal Derby Hospital, or Spire Nottingham Hospital.
Mr Leeder is also proud to be part of national healthcare providers 'Alliance Health Group' and the 'National Obesity Surgery Centre'.
- Gallstones; Gallbladder Surgery; Laparoscopic (Key hole) Cholecystectomy; Laparoscopic Bile Duct Exploration
- Hernia; Laparoscopic (Key hole) Inguinal (Groin) Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic Incisional Hernia Repair; Umbilical Hernia Repair; Complex Open Incisional Hernia Repair
- Reflux; Laparoscopic (Key hole) Hiatus Hernia Repair; Laparoscopic Fundoplication (Antireflux Surgery)
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery; Laparoscopic (Key Hole) Gastric Bypass (RNY); Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy, Laparoscopic Gastric Band; Endoscopic Gastric Balloon
- Gastroscopy; Endoscopic Treatments
- Gastro-Oesophageal Cancer; Oesophageal Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment; Laparoscopic (Key hole) Gastrectomy
- Diagnostic & Emergency Laparoscopy
Current Memberships & Professional Bodies
General Medical Council - Full Registration since 1990 Number 3341881
British Medical Association (BMA)
Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS)
Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland (ALSGBI)
European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
British Society of Gastroenterologists (BSG)
British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
International Federation of Surgical Obesity (IFSO)
Grey Turner Surgical Society
Royal Derby Hospital, Nuffield Health Derby, Derby Private Health, Spire Nottingham Hospital.